Thursday, April 26, 2007

Shrug On

After your suggestions and the lovely new patterns (thank you!), I have significantly lengthened my list of future shrug projects. In the meantime, however, I've gone with the Cropped Raglan Sweater from Lion Brand.



Pattern: Cropped Raglan Sweater, Lion Brand free pattern #70111, size Large
Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love 100% acrylic, 4-ply worsted, color 099, Antique White, dye lot 34787
Needles: Susan Bates size 7 straights, KnitPicks Options size 8 circulars
Modifications: none planned
Started: April 23, 2007



I may try to make another before I leave (probably the Fiery Bolero), but in the meantime I think this pattern is the one I'm most likely to successfully complete, and it fits all of my requirements. It's also simple enough that I can knit and read, which is essential in these final crazy busy weeks of the semester.



I'm a few inches in already, at 9 of the 28 initial raglan repeats, and I really like it. I think that it will be really versatile, as it will probably be large enough to wear pinned shut as well as open.



I'm using very soft off-white acrylic (I'll explain why I usually use synthetics in a future post), and I absolutely love the way it feels against my skin.



It's almost surprising how much I enjoy the eyelets on the raglan seams.



I am hopeful that this will turn out really nice, and I am excited thinking about wearing it in Italy!

2 Comments:

At April 26, 2007 at 11:40 AM , Blogger amanda said...

I like your shrug. I am so obsessed with top down raglans these days!

 
At April 26, 2007 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

Very cute! Love the color too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home