Monday, April 16, 2007

Slightly Better Colors & Imminent Frogging

This storm has made sufficient lighting near impossible this weekend, but I think I've managed to get a little closer to the colors of my Lippitt halter and Cable-Down Raglan yarns.



Spruce and cream, nice.



As for the Cable-Down Raglan, I think that a frogging is imminent. I knit the first few rows and made a mess of the increases.



I read that some of the errata deal with the increases, so it will probably be sorted out then. It's kind of a shame because I rather like the way the knitting looks when it's done right.



I am still a bit confused about the way the increases are worked on the sleeves, though. (As with all my photos, click to enlarge).



The pattern has the increases done just before the diamond chart begins. This makes sense on the left sleeve, as it makes room for the X-shaped cables which are more toward the sweater front on that side.



However, the right sleeve is starting to baffle me, and I'm not sure how the increases could be done in that place without skewing the design and making the sleeves asymmetrical. Am I thinking too much about this?

I feel like maybe it should be more like this:



Of course, I am no knitwear designer, and I'm still mystified by how it says 8 stitches are increased when I count 9.

I look forward to figuring this all out.

1 Comments:

At April 16, 2007 at 5:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, I love those colors of the YARN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home