Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Baby did a bad bad thing...

Yarn binges always start so simply.

I was about to cast on for my boyfriend's Henry scarf, when I realized that my Knit Picks Options tips only go down to size 4. I went online and bought the two circulars, paid about $3 shipping and patted myself on the back for maintaining self-control.

"But they have yarn on sale..." my foolish brain whined.

"Fine. We will look around and think about it, but we will not buy yarn just yet. We should study for our midterm and go to bed already," I scolded.

My brain knew it was winning. It gushed endorphins, coaxing "You have new books! You should try the projects in them!" At first I was just shooting for $45 for free shipping (they are evil geniuses with that), but then I felt like a woman possessed, dropping nearly $80 for an embarrassing amount of yarn.

"While you're spending money like a drunken sailor," my brain oozed, "you might as well buy those cones of tweed you were lusting after at WEBS too. And some sock yarn, to get the discount."

Helpless, I added items to my cart and typed in my credit card information for the third time in less than a half hour.

"Oh, there go groceries this week," I sighed to myself, considering how I can make tonight's pizza stretch with cereal and yogurt for the next few days.

I'm going to consider this woeful disregard of my yarn-buying moratorium as early birthday presents to myself (it's in like two weeks, it's fair), and I'm going to try not to feel so guilty about it.

I know that tomorrow I will wake up over-tired and under-prepared for my exam, and I will be kicking myself, but for now, I will be dreaming of the packages of gorgeous yarn now on their way.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home