Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Coachella

That raspberry swathe of stockinette from my last post? That'd be the beginning of Coachella.

It has now proudly reached the Underpants Stage:



Hehehe. I've joined the back with the front and the body, and it's all knit in the round from here. I often knit while reading and studying, so I need some relatively automatic stockinette to keep my hands busy without becoming too distracting.



This color is so beautiful and complex in person, and it photographs so terribly. Or rather, I photograph it terribly.

I have visions of wearing this top under a dark denim jacket or over a denim skirt with a black jacket until next summer.

It's moving so quickly that I could probably finish it along with my NaKniSweMo sweater, but I don't really want to tempt fate, so let's just say... I'm happy and optimistic about its progress.


2 Comments:

At October 31, 2007 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Adrienne said...

The color is GORGEOUS!!!

 
At October 31, 2007 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

Thank you, and I agree! I think that my desire to knit with this color is what made me want to do this top in the first place.

It's so nice to knit with such a saturated, energetic color - I find myself stopping just to stare at it as the light changes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home