Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Socktober!

It is with great pride and happiness that I present my finished Jaywalkers:



I am so in love with these socks.





Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina, from the September 05 MagKnits.
Size: larger (9 inches around foot, 9-1/2 inches from top of leg to bottom of heel)
Yarn: Patons Kroy 75% wool 25% nylon, 4-ply sock yarn, color 54801 Krazy Stripes; I used two 50-gram balls and 7.4 grams of a third (about 30 yards), for an approximate total yardage of 436 yards.
Needles: Knit Picks 6" nickel-plated double-pointed needles, set of 5 size 1 (2.25 mm)
Modifications: I unintentionally added a few straight rounds in the right toe. I vastly prefer the one done according to the pattern.

Started: originally in October 2006, then put on hold many times
Finished: October 24, 2007



I have mentioned my deep and intense love for this pattern before, but really, these have been the perfect first socks.



The pattern was easy to memorize and had just enough variety to stay interesting while remaining a perfect "pick up and go" kind of project.



I learned all about sock construction, including turning a heel and Kitchener stitch, and I cannot wait to make more socks after such a wonderful experience.



This yarn was a pleasure to knit with, through and through. The finished product is so delightfully cozy.



Smokey instantly approved.



I must trust him. That cat is an expert in comfort.

So there you have it. My first socks, my first knitting with wool (and my feet can tolerate it!), and a wonderful project through and through. I can't recommend these highly enough!

Previous Entries on this Project:
- A Jaywalker walks into a bar... ouch
- The Jaywalkers Saga
- Sock Bliss
- Unconscious Knitting



2 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 at 1:09 PM , Blogger amanda said...

totally cute. love the heels!

 
At October 31, 2007 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

Thanks! I think they're probably my favorite part too - I love the way the colors weave together.

(Is it normal to have a crush on a pair of socks?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home