Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Jaywalker walks into a bar... ouch

(Two guys walk into a bar. You'd think the second would have learned after watching the first.)

If you haven't rolled your eyes enough already, then get psyched for continuing adventures in knitting absurdity, brought to you by my Jaywalkers.



I mentioned that I've been knitting these socks during subway rides, and it turns out I've spent much more time on the subways than I realized lately. The socks were really cruising along, and I was thinking any day now, I'd be ready to turn the heel.



Umm, that would have been about two inches ago. Whoops!

I briefly considered if one sock towering two inches over the other would bother me, and the obsessive-compulsive portions of my brain went into a small conniption at the thought of it.

So, I ripped back those two beautiful inches.



Trust me, sweet Jaywalker, this hurt me a lot more than it hurt you.

The good news is, to alleviate my wounded knitter's pride, I successfully and rapidly turned the heel and made great headway down the foot. If hell freezes over and I actually finish these for Socktober, I will have the comfort of warm and brightly-striped feet!



4 Comments:

At October 23, 2007 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Adrienne said...

OH NO!!!! I LOVE those socks!! I want to try them SO bad!!!

 
At October 23, 2007 at 9:17 AM , Blogger LegalBecca said...

I am knitting the Jaywalkers as well, but I stopped at the heel point on the first and am knitting the second down to the heel point before I do the heels on both. No SSS for me!
Yours look fabulous and are inspiration for finishing mine!

They do go so fast!

 
At October 23, 2007 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Arrrggg...They are looking great though!

 
At October 23, 2007 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

Thanks ladies! It wasn't so bad to rip back because I got to immediately turn the heel, which was a lot more fun this time around.

Adrienne, you should definitely try them - they really are a treat.

And Becca, smart move. The heels are really great on these - I think you'll love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home