Sunday, November 25, 2007

Finishing woes

I was foolish in choosing the Tilted Duster for NaKniSweMo, considering it cannot be even halfway completed until I do major amounts of seaming. I chose it knowing this, hoping this would be the sweater that broke me of my seam phobia, and yet, I remain paralyzed.

I've knit the back, both fronts, and both sleeves, and now I am at the point where I just cannot avoid sewing. I tried one seam with embroidery floss, which worked out better than any seam I've ever made... but it was only a few inches long and I'm still terrified of the rest.

The trouble is, this is a pattern with me. I get caught up on some small detail and let it hold a project up indefinitely. To wit:

Things I Am Avoiding Like the Plague:
  • sewing buttons on the baby cardigan (which has been otherwise finished since August)
  • threading a ribbon through my finished Tempting
  • undoing two bind-offs and sewing down facings on the Summertime Tunic, then threading ribbon
  • sewing the body of the Tilted Duster so I can pick up the skirt and finish the silly thing

For good measure, I'm also wearing my winter coat open because I am avoiding sewing two buttons back on it.

I realize that if I committed just an hour or two to finishing, I could have quite a few FO's and a functional winter coat. Yet here I am obsessing over hats. And socks.

Must sew. No matter what, I must get over my fear of sewing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home