Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Missing It

I haven't knit in almost a week, and that's making me a bit sad. I am at a crazy busy point in the semester, and I had house guests this weekend, a paper to write, an all-day bronze casting demonstration, and so on.

Finally I feel I am able to pick the needles back up (although admittedly, I have homework I should be doing), but I have almost no desire to work on the Tilted Duster.

I can't really say why this should be. Maybe I don't like knitting in pieces, and I'm severely dreading seaming (though I did get a copy of The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman, which should make it better). Maybe it's the feel of the yarn on straight needles, maybe it's the pattern itself.

I just don't like doing it, and I realize that this is why I have so many UFOs. It will be a really good exercise in discipline if I am able to force myself through this sweater for NaKniSweMo, though it is incredibly challenging to keep from casting on for something new instead (my typical behavior).

Also, sorry no photos, but right now it's just a few boring brown pieces, and I can't even get inspired to pin them out to show. I hope I will have more exciting progress to share soon!


1 Comments:

At November 15, 2007 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

the way I look at it is that knitting should be fun- if you are not loving that sweater frog it and start something new. Remember there are no NaKniSweMo police...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home