Friday, April 25, 2008

Switcheroo

Once I decided to put my Entrelac Socks aside, I eagerly picked up my Spring Twists socks.



I truly love working with this yarn, as it is so spectacularly luscious and agreeable.



The only trouble is, I really don't like how it looks in this pattern. Something about the vague striping of the variegation or the way the traveling stitches dissipate in softness... it just isn't working the way I'd hoped.



So I decided to try a different yarn, a 100% mercerized cotton which is not actually intended for sock-knitting. This is Jager Siena 4-ply, and I think it's going to work perfectly.



The tight twist of the firmer yarn makes the traveling stitches and ribbing pop more, and the solid color proves much less distracting. Which is to say nothing of how head over heels in love I am with this slightly shiny sage green.

I'm feeling a lot better and looking forward to how these socks turn out.


4 Comments:

At April 25, 2008 at 8:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color of the cotton yarn you are using for the socks. The yarn also shows great pattern definition.

 
At April 26, 2008 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Brena said...

Ahh... the yarn/pattern combo is so important. I've found with socks that it's better to switcheroo then to convince yourself that it's going to be alright and end up not loving a pair of socks!

 
At April 26, 2008 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, love the socks in the Jaegar cotton, it shows stitch definition really well. Love the variegated yarn as well, though - any new plans for it?
And what do you think of the latest Interweave Knits?

 
At April 26, 2008 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

Your socks look wonderful! I STILL need to try socks! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home