Saturday, September 13, 2008

Orange Socks

Though I have many other things to show and talk about, most of my knitting is still packed in boxes from the move. I did manage to fish out some orange yarn and my size 2 DPNs to start the September Sock Knitters Anonymous Sockdown orange socks challenge.



I had planned to use this yarn for a pair of Snicket socks (Ravelry link), but I could not figure out how to do the cables without a cable needle and I was feeling tremendously impatient. I searched around Ravelry for a simpler sock that would be knit over 60 stitches and found the lovely Bella Catena Italiana pattern (here on Ravelry).



The name means "Beautiful Italian Chain" and it is knit in an Italian virgin wool, so it seems fitting upon a return from Italy. These socks are moving pretty quickly and I think I may just finish a Sockdown challenge in one month this time.

(On a technical note, I am having some mystifying issues between Blogger and the FTP upload to my server. When I look at this site, I'm seeing a post that I've deleted in Blogger, as well as physically deleted from my server... yet I can't get it to go away, hence the duplication. It's also doing flukey things with comments.

If this blog goes silent for a while, please check my sidebar or Blogger profile for notes on what's going on.)



3 Comments:

At September 13, 2008 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Michelle Johnnadette said...

Thats a great color.

 
At September 14, 2008 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

That is a great color!

The duplicate post is not showing up on my end...

 
At September 17, 2008 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Just got a ravelry account so I just saved the pattern! Fall is making me want to knit socks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home