Friday, October 24, 2008

Lacemaking

I mentioned that I've been working on a project that was getting a bit emotional. This is about where I'd left it when I moved out:



What makes it even more emotional is that it's a lace shawl that I was making to wear to a wedding this Saturday.

I invested all my nerves and emotions and more than a few long train rides into knitting this silly blob of lace. This evening I happily bound it off, in a sense closing that chapter.

I'm going to block it later tonight and wear it to the wedding on Saturday. I can't wait to see how it comes out.


3 Comments:

At October 24, 2008 at 5:22 AM , Blogger Brena said...

It's gorgeous. :) Best of luck with the blocking!

 
At October 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Julia O'C said...

Don't you think it's symbolic that you were working on lace during this time?
Given some time to soak, the stitches will relax and realign. What appears to be tangles and confusion will turn into exactly what it is supposed to be: something beautiful and amazing.

 
At November 8, 2008 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

Wow, Julia, this is nothing short of poetry. What beautiful thoughts - thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home