Friday, February 6, 2009

Also Blue

In contrast with my ever-so-pink socks, I am also going through quite a bit of a blue phase as well. I'm obsessed with navy and deeper, richer blues in ways I've never been before.



I started a Sunshine sweater, a beautifully-detailed top-down raglan designed by the lovely Auntie Amanda.

I remember when Amanda submitted this design to a Craftster "One Stitch to Rule Them All" challenge (where I submitted my Garter Lace Tote) and I thought I'd never be able to make something that complex and stylish.



I'm pretty chuffed that I'm making it through with nary a worry. This is a wonderful pattern and easy to customize for a perfect fit. I just split off the sleeves and am making my way down the body. I can't wait to finish this sweater!

It wouldn't be me if I didn't also cast on for a new pair of socks. These are Eleanor socks, a pattern I've made once before (with not such great success).



This yarn is quite a treat. The varying shades of blue are combining so nicely, and I love working with it.



I'm working the eyelets the same this time, so I think I should be really happy with these socks.

Meanwhile, I'm relishing the blues.


2 Comments:

At February 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Adrienne said...

Your projects look great!!

 
At February 10, 2009 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Patty said...

Love the look of that sweater. Can't wait to see the finished project!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home