Saturday, June 13, 2009

One Glorious Inch

I got out of lab early on Wednesday, and I was determined to parlay my unexpected free time into relaxation. I probably would have benefited more from catching up on work and preparing myself for the rest of the week... but I opted for napping, watching a wonderful documentary with my mom, and knitting.



Yes, you read that correctly, knitting! I cast on for the Featherweight Cardigan and knit the first few rows, a whole inch. Working with laceweight yarn on size 6 needles makes for beautiful, airy fabric, and I am fanatical about this color.

The merino/silk blend feels lovely in my hands, which are so happy to be at this again. I have a feeling this is going to become one of my all-time favorite projects, and I'm looking forward to enjoying every stitch!


1 Comments:

At June 26, 2009 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

oooh... I think I might need to make one of these for myself! I love the color you're using.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home