Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sweater Events

I know I've read before about these "events" that occur in the creation of a sweater. Casting on, waist shaping, working the neckline, and so on.



I think, apart from casting on and casting off, there are few sweater events I enjoy more than splitting the sleeves from the body of a top-down raglan. It feels like such definite and specific progress, and it breaks the seemingly interminable increase rows into much more manageable sections.

I've been slowly knitting here and there on my Featherweight Cardigan all month, and I finally finished the increases and split the sleeves the other night while watching Madama Butterfly on TV.



I switched from M1 increases to kf&b, which I'm happy about. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying knitting with laceweight yarn, even if it's slow-going at times. I expect there will be quite a few more laceweight tops showing up in these parts soon.


2 Comments:

At June 28, 2009 at 5:08 AM , Anonymous Kathryn said...

I love this cardi - I feel inspired to knit one myself. Looking forward to your next post on the progress you are making!

 
At July 8, 2009 at 5:32 AM , Blogger picperfic said...

that looks beautiful, what yarn is it? I also love your whisper, I adore mine. Are you on Ravelry?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home